Marlton, an unincorporated section of Evesham Township in Burlington County, was founded by English and Welsh and English farmers in 1676. Its original name was “Evesham,” taken from a village near Stratford-Upon-Avon, England. Incorporated in 1688 as one of Burlington County’s original 13 townships, it will celebrate 325 years of history 2013.
Marlton’s name first appeared in the early 19th century, after the discovery of marl clay in the area. The substance is used by farmers to enrich their soil. The discovery boosted the town’s economy and caused its first building boom in the 1830s and 1840s.
Areas we service:
Cherry Hill | Atco | Berlin | Voorhees | Mount Laurel | Medford | Vincentown | West Berlin